Help pricing a lawn.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobwright007, Mar 1, 2005.

1. bobwright007

bobwright007 LawnSite Member

Right now i am bidding a job for a bank. The bank has two locations which are about 8 miles apart. The bank wants the grass bagged and hauled away each week along with the basic weed eating, edging and blowing.

The first bank has about 20,000 square feet of grass that needs to be mowed and bagged. There are also about forty trees that have mulch around them.
    -Normally, i would charge around $55 dollars for this property

The second bank has about 10,000 square feet of grass that needs to be mowed and bagged. There are also about 25 trees that have mulch around them.
    -Normally, i would charge around $40 dollars for this property.

I really need help on pricing these two lawns when it includes bagging and disposal. I have property where i can dump grass so finding a dumping place will not be a problem.

any help on these two properties would be very appreciated
    -god bless

2. LightningLawns

LightningLawns LawnSite Senior Member

They probably have a lot of money so charge them as much as possible. :D

3. plateau lawn care

plateau lawn care LawnSite Member
    from georgia

Sounds like a good bid. Will you be putting out new mulch for them also if so you can make up some extra money on that. Mulch would possibly be twice a year, spring and fall

4. Patrick.B

Patrick.B LawnSite Senior Member

i'm sure bank would want you to have insured and licensed and if they do ,,you charge little extra ''sound like a $75 to $90 buck for each job ,,,

5. topcat

topcat LawnSite Member
    from Bflo

Sounds like alot of tree rings to be trimming around. Without even including bagging time and disposal time I would say using a 52" ZTR, larger one would take around 60 minutes and smaller one around 40 minutes.

6. bobwright007

bobwright007 LawnSite Member

How would you all qoute the mulching for this place. It needs 2900 square ft. of mulch. My dealer has qouted me 34 dollars a bobcat scoop; which he says, will cover 100 square ft. I plan on employing one guy for this job. That price for the mulch seems really expensive to me. ANd i was wondering if anybody knows where i can get bagged mulch in bulk. I found out that I can purchase the same amount of mulch for about two hundred dollars less at the closestl lowes store, then what i can get it at my dealer in town.

What do you all think about this, or the first post?

7. topcat

topcat LawnSite Member
    from Bflo

Bulk mulch cost me $18/ cubic yard. Your price seems like retail and not a wholesale contractor price.

8. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I go to a tree recycling place, and they told me $20 for a GMC 2500 long bed full (my truck).

9. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

I have tried to get into bank contracts for four years! Due to the fact that I don't have a bond or landscaping license I have had no luck