help pricing edge stone

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by sicnj, Aug 22, 2007.

1. sicnj

sicnj LawnSite Senior Member

[​IMG]
    what do you guys charge to put this stone in. EP henry edge stone 6" with mortar joints. also put conrete behind to hold them up

2. sicnj

[​IMG]
    also what would you charge for this job? sqft price? two stone high all joints mortar.

3. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

id like to know for the top picture too, im about to do my first, adding it onto a retaining wall for a customer that HAS to have this behind the garden against the sidewalk:confused:

4. sicnj

$12 a foot is what i charged for this job it wrapped all around the back of the house too. pretty big job i forget how much linear feet it was, i will have to look that up. i had to chip away the concrete that was used to hold the pavers in and then redo it after edge stone went in. i think i paid around $2 a stone.

5. ryansbob

ryansbob LawnSite Member

I just landed an edgestone job that we are starting this week it is 110 lineal feet for 1600.00 thats approx 15.50 per lineal ft. This doesn't include any mortar between them but I will include 4 inches of 3/4 modified stone under them along with 1/2 inch of concrete to pound them into and concrete behind them to hold them in place. I'm not a mason and wanted to know how you mortar the joints? do you space them and tape the joints and then fill them with a mortar bag? Has anyone put a pigment in them to color the mortar to match the block? example grey mortar for pewter blend edgestone? I'm also getting ready to bid a commercial job at a bank that is 410 lineal ft easy job following concrete curbs and walkways already installed to retain red tibble all straight runs was going to price 10.50 lineal ft. blocks cost 4.00 lineal foot plus a little stone and concrete probably 1.00 per foot max so $5.00 in materials and $5.50 labor to install for a large commercial job sound good or two cheap? Thanks