Help pricing lawn mowers

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by ALarsh, Jun 13, 2004.

1. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

I am in need of a new lawn mower and need help pricing a couple of units. Please let me know what you think a fair price would be:

2003 Exmark Lazer HP, 48" deck, 369 hours, V-Twin 18 hp kohler engine, was used for residential use on a farm.

Exmark (don't know what model or year), 19 hp kawasaki engine, 48" cut, 902 hours, used for three seasons. What was fixed / replaced: Complete tune-up including spark plugs, new oil filter, new fuel filter, new hydro filter and they also changed every different kind of fluid in this machine. I had the motor checked out and the compression was up to par and I also had the hydro pumps checked and those worked great as well.

Comes with pulley driven bagger and used for 3 seasons

Picture:
    [​IMG]

1998 Ferris ProCutZ, 61" deck, 1125 hours, 25hp Kohler Command motor, front left wheel is bent but still functions.

Which one would you get and how much do you think these units are worth (individually).

2. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Please let me know what these mowers are worth, especially the 2003 Exmark Lazer HP, 48" deck, 369 hours, V-Twin 18 hp kohler engine. Here are some pictures of the unit:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have to know very soon what this is worth.

Thanks and please help.

3. supermini z

supermini z LawnSite Member

Go for the older exmark. the gas engines only run for 1200 to 1500 hours so I would replace the engine that is in it right now to the new 26hp kohler efi. It is a vertical engine that is fuel injected and air cooled. It will save you a lot of money on gas. Also it is very strong stronger than my 24hp honda. right now I can go 6 to 8 hours on neighborhood lawns. And the kohler could go much longer. Also it will run longer because it is fuel injected. Only do this if everything elese is ok.