HELP - Pricing question ? $$$ ?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by capecodlawn, Sep 10, 2006.

1. capecodlawn

capecodlawn LawnSite Member

When you charge by the hour, how do you factor in brush removal and back and forth to disposal area? For example... In preparation for a home going on the market, I quoted $35 / hour to clear brush, trim, light tree work. The job was complete and today I spent 4 hours hauling debris in my 5x8 box trailer. I'm going to bill @ $35 for my time, but should I mark up the actual disposal fee, charge for the hauling (IE... GAS). Do you include the actual invoice from the disposal area with the invoice or just add line item:

Town fee for disposal of Brush - $100 :confused:

I'm leaning more and more towards flat rate pricing up front to avoid all this tracking, hours, fees, etc... :dizzy:

Thanks for the assist. I do not like leaving money on the table and if there is a creative way to make some money, I am all ears. :)

2. americanlawnartists

americanlawnartists LawnSite Member

I would incorporate your time and gas in the diposal fee and then your actual onsite labor on another line. I guess that would keep it somewhat simple. If they ask why the price for disposal is hi then explain the inclusions.