1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

help pricing shrub removal

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by tsmoot, Apr 15, 2007.

1. tsmoot

tsmoot LawnSite Member

I am prepping an estimate for a skittish customer which involves removing a great deal of shrubs and pulling vinca vine out of the beds. Can anyone help me with how to price shrub removal and to price vine pulling? Thanks

2. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

um....... labor rate?? time estimate for the job? Any dump fees?? Is it hand removal or will you need equipment??

Do your math. You know more than we do.

3. tsmoot

tsmoot LawnSite Member

most of the shrubs will be dug out and can be done by one worker, i.e. nandinas, hollies, azaleas. The one that concerns me is a beautiful 15 ft chindo that is between another chindo and a japanese fir. I have no idea how long that is going to take. I'm planning to loosen up the roots and then pull it out with a chain and my truck.

4. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, it sounds like a nice landscape that does not need to be removed!!! :)

I did a shrub removal last week for a new landscape and I thought I might have to rent a mini but after a few minutes with a steel spade, the taxus came right out- and they have a reputation for being the worst! If the stump is too big to pull, have you considered grinding it? Be careful with your truck. I've heard horror stories.

5. tsmoot

tsmoot LawnSite Member

Thanks - I'll be careful with the truck. The landscape is nice but old but many are overcrowded or dead. I am just really in a quandary about the chindo

6. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

sometimes when i dont know if i might encounter things to make it longer charge by the hour and add a dump fee or any other fees you need