1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Help pricing

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by matt25738, Jul 20, 2012.

1. matt25738

matt25738 LawnSite Member

Need some help pricing a job. Were pricing him for both weekly and bi-weekly visits. The owner pays a lot of attention to detail, which is what my company is built on. I want to make sure I find the right price. And yes I know that pricing depends on what your overhead is and other factors. But if you were pricing this job for your company, how much would you charge per cut for a standard growing season visit??

Photo Jul 20, 6 26 17 PM.jpg

Photo Jul 20, 6 25 07 PM.jpg

Photo Jul 20, 6 24 55 PM.jpg

Photo Jul 20, 6 24 36 PM.jpg

Photo Jul 20, 6 24 32 PM.jpg
  2. The Grounds Crew

The Grounds Crew LawnSite Member

First off what mower will you be using and what is the drive time get there.
    Just figure out your costs and how long the job will take.
    Most people wont tell you a price.
  3. matt25738

matt25738 LawnSite Member

I've got a Z trak that I'll be using on the top part and standard push mowers for the hill. The previous company had been leaving terrible lines in the yard from what appears to be either a stand on or zero turn. I'm thinking a regular walk behind is going to be the only way to not leave those types of lines...

As far as distant to get there, its already on one of our routes so it wouldn't create any additional driving.

Any kind of ball park figure would be helpful.
  4. BPS##

BPS## LawnSite Senior Member
    from WY

$50 and that hill does not look too steep to use the ztrak on.

Just alternate your cutting pattern.
  5. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

$60 / week full service though not mo and go
  6. No way, too low. If they wanted everything taken care of, I'd be at $350/mo, easy.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

What's everything to you? Same as the others about 50 bucks a cut.
  8. Tizzy

Tizzy LawnSite Senior Member

id be 70 pr cut. maybe a little less. id have to see it in person.
  9. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

$25/cut just to get into that subdivision, lol.

But seriously...to do a top notch job on it I'd probably be in the $80 -$85/week range. It doesn't look like a good prospect for bi-weekly service.
  10. Weed control in beds, plant care(minus hard cutbacks) etc. that looks like Bermuda, so of I was reel cutting I would probably be in the 1-K/mo range
    Posted via Mobile Device