Lawn Care Forum banner

HELP: Production Rate for Weed Eating/Brush Mowing?

4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  ralph02813 
#1 ·
Does anyone know the production rate for a weedeater in brush(30 inch+/- weeds) ? And does anyone know the production rate for a brush mower like a Billy Goat Brush Mower or a DR Mower(also in the same conditions)? Im looking for real world numbers, not manufacturers numbers. Thanks :)

#3 ·
Bump to the top.....
Way too many variables to pin down an exact number. Depends on terrain, growth, smooth vs. Bumpy , layout of property ect... My brushmower has a 30" deck. I have done many brushclearing jobs under different conditions. I have had 1/2 acre jobs that took a sometime because of the difficulty but I also have done jobs upwards of a couple acres that I finished in a couple hours. An average would be a 1/2 acre an hour depending on conditions. Always bid these by the hour not by the size. I have become pretty accurate over the years at bidding these types of jobs. After you do a number of them you get a feel of what they should go for. I try to be around 75$hr if not more. They are many risks involved in clearing out overgrown areas; snakes, bees, poison ivy, hidden objects ect... I always walk a property before I start.
Posted via Mobile Device

#5 ·
I charge $75/hr, I sub to a guy for $50.00 and I keep the change LOL

#6 ·
Way too many variables to pin down an exact number. Depends on terrain, growth, smooth vs. Bumpy , layout of property ect... My brushmower has a 30" deck. I have done many brushclearing jobs under different conditions. I have had 1/2 acre jobs that took a sometime because of the difficulty but I also have done jobs upwards of a couple acres that I finished in a couple hours. An average would be a 1/2 acre an hour depending on conditions. Always bid these by the hour not by the size. I have become pretty accurate over the years at bidding these types of jobs. After you do a number of them you get a feel of what they should go for. I try to be around 75$hr if not more. They are many risks involved in clearing out overgrown areas; snakes, bees, poison ivy, hidden objects ect... I always walk a property before I start.
Posted via Mobile Device
Don't forget mud wasp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.