HELP! Purchasing a striping kit....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tnlawn22, May 18, 2009.

1. tnlawn22

tnlawn22 LawnSite Member

My father in law is in the process of purchasing a striping kit. I am helping with the search. I went to bigleaguelawns.com and found one. His mower is a 50" zero turn Troy-bilt. The striping kit that big league lawns sells is $298 plus additional cost for larger kits. We really want to buy a good one but I feel like 300 plus additional cost, plus shipping is a little ridiculous.

We know we could rig something up but would prefer to buy one that we know would work well.

Any suggestions or websites that we can buy one????

Thanks in advance.

2. OrangeToys

OrangeToys LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW MO

good luck buying under $300.

A few guys on here have built some pretty nice ones. Trying doing a search.

3. tnlawn22

tnlawn22 LawnSite Member

Yeah, I've done several searches. We would really like to buy one instead of building one. I just find it hard to believe that $300 is the starting point.

Is there anyone on here who has bought one?? Whether is be a checkmate or other brand that can give some input??

4. EastCoast

EastCoast LawnSite Senior Member

bigleaguelawns.com make some nice stripers. I purchased a no name brand and within a few months it was garbage. I purchased the bigleaguelawns version and have been happy ever since, over a year now.

5. EastCoast

EastCoast LawnSite Senior Member

Then if you got the time, then build your own....... I purchase one for my 21" Honda and will purchase one for my Scag 36" WB.

6. taco1a2

taco1a2 LawnSite Member

i gave 325.00 for mine for a 60inch kubota

7. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

Seriously, you will not find one of quality for under $300 unless you build one yourself. I've made two different types and they both work extremely well. Here is my most recent build which is exactly like the BLL model. Total build time was about an hour and it cost me about $150 total. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=265997