1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Help Quick Please.....

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Gibs, May 24, 2005.

1. Gibs

Gibs LawnSite Member
    from canada

alright this is what happenned today i was mowing and out of nowhere my blades shut off.. soi pressed the little button to get my blades going again and got nothing?? this is a toro 44" walkbehind...what r some ideas to check to see whats wrong? soo basicaly my blades wont spin when i press the engage the blades button?

please help me.. thanks guys
  2. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Is there a safety switch?? Might have come disconected, is the belt on?
  3. Gibs

Gibs LawnSite Member
    from canada

i'm thinkin the belt might have came off.... where would the safety switch be would u have any idea?
  4. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

the safety switches will kill the engine, not disengage the mower deck. Likely your switch is bad or a wire came off, look along the wires going from the button to the clutch, looking for loose or cracked wires. Could be the electric blade engage clutch as well, eliminate the cheap stuff first. Hmmm..didn't even know they were making a walkbehind with button engage, but this is how the riders work, so it should be the same.
  5. Gibs

Gibs LawnSite Member
    from canada

it turned out to be i blew a fuse.. thats it... thankz guys..