Help - RB 5000 Rotor won't do a 360?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by j_nolesfan, Apr 8, 2008.

1. j_nolesfan

j_nolesfan LawnSite Member

Has anyone seen a 5000 rotor that won't do full circle? I've tried tightening the adjustment screw. I've even swapped the guts from a new rotor. My next step is to dig the rotor up and do a full replacement. Any ideas? I get about 355 degrees out of it before it turns and goes the opposite direction.

Now to expose my ignorance. I thought all 5000 rotors were capable of full circle. Am I wrong?

Thanks in advance,
    Jeff

2. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

5000's Come In PART Circle And FULL CIRCLE

Labeled on the side of the box 5000PC (pc models arent stamped pc on the head)

It will clearly say in white lettering on the sprinkler top O FULL CIRCLE if its a full circle model.

First timer huh?

3. bobw

bobw LawnSite Senior Member

The 5000s I have used have all been PC; a PC will do full circle, it does though hit the stop point and go back the other way whereas a FC will go continuously in one direction.

4. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Rainbird claims the 5000PC spins to a 360 and reverses.

5. jimmyburg

jimmyburg LawnSite Senior Member

backs out of thread

6. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

dont use rainbird

7. j_nolesfan

j_nolesfan LawnSite Member

I'm not a pro. I'm a DIYer and this being my first install, I think it turned out pretty good. I bought about 20 of the 5000 and I suppose there was a mix of PC and FC. Guess I'll have to see if I can find just one FC to swap it with. My PC leaves a dry spot where it reverses no matter how much I play with the adjustment screw.

Thanks again (to those who contributed),
    Jeff

8. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

I think the dry spot may be from non overlap rather than the reverse. As far as adjusting the 360 just turn it clockwise until you hear a click and thats as far of a 360 as you are going to get

9. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Go back to building your house.

If you bought an open case, I suppose this could be... the case. If it were sealed, it would be all of one. Take some back to your supplier for full circles, they should support you in that, even homeowner, since you bought a case. Just clean the used ones up first. Great product youve got. Are they Plus's? The full circle will keep going around while the PC will go to 360 (or supposed to), then reverse.

10. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

bahahaha, we're forming slab this week.

i bought my 40x50 steel building today too. changed it from a 30x50.