Help!! SCAG 19kaw 48" or CC M60 tank 25kaw

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fosterk5, Apr 15, 2004.

1. fosterk5

fosterk5 LawnSite Member

Got to buy a mower. My "crapsman" mower just aint cuttin it. I've got 3.18 acres flat open yard with bermuda grass attempting to establish itself. My goal is to get an area of centipede started and let in take over. Any way need advice on which mower to buy, the M60 tank is about $500 more but I can finace 0% for 36mnths were as the Tiger Cub 48 finances out at 5.5% for 36mnts. I'll get the scag if it's worth the money because I would like for this to be the last mower I have to buy. But if the M60 will hold up to the Scag that will be my choice. Any suggestion will be apprecitated.
    Thanks
    Fosterk5

2. fivestarlawnken

fivestarlawnken LawnSite Senior Member

if your a homeowner and mowing just your grass either mower will work. Both are good mowers.Going commercial buy a 61 wildcat for a little more(SCAG). Have you looked for a good looking used? Food for thought

3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I got 6 months no intrest and no payments on a tiger cub this week

4. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I would get the Tiger Cub. We have two Tiger Cubs, one has 280 hrs (bought last year) and other has 6 hrs.(bought 2 wks ago) They are great mower, excellent quality of cut and hold up to commercial conditions well. Both mowers are 19/48's.
    If you have any questions let me know.

5. Tx Firefighter

Tx Firefighter LawnSite Member

I'm very happy with mine...

dscn2163.jpg

6. Leisure Lawn

Leisure Lawn LawnSite Member

If you have a Great Dane dealer in your area check out their new riders.

The new Chariots are awesome and you can get a 61" 25 HP right now for $6899!!