help !!!! scag owners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tarp5350, Jun 18, 2006.

1. tarp5350

tarp5350 LawnSite Member

hey guys i need some help on whether this is a good price on a 2006 turf tiger. it has the kawasaki 29 efi liguid cooled engine with the 61 inch velocity plus deck. i only have two dealers that is near me, but they are both thirty miles away. one dealer quoted me a cash only price of 10200.00 out the door and he would throw in a set of blades. the other quoted 10500.00 dollars.
    i guess that i am limited because of very few dealers near me. i see many on this site that is getting a lot better deal on their mowers.
    my question is 10200.00 dollars a fair price or not?
    any information would be appreciated.

2. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

My bud just bought the exact same mower and tax, title, and lisence he paid (with a check) a little under 12,000...

3. shortgut

shortgut LawnSite Member

Bought mine last year in May and the out the door price with tax was $10825.00 which I had them add the light kit on it Great mower think the light kit was $150.00 but can not remember that far back Good luck and Happy cutting Here in our area if we do not get any rain we going to be able to go on vacation . Twj

4. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

10.200 is a great price.

5. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like a good price, but don't expect to get the title or license. (Pssst, because they don't have one):laugh:

6. Audrey

Audrey LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa.

Just to stir the pot....

Did you price the 35hp LC?

IIRC, it was only $200 more than the air cooled when I went-a-shoppin'.

Maybe one of those dealers might be willing to deal better on a unit they need to move? I also know that dealers have lists of units that are leftovers from last year. They get better pricing from distributors on these units and are ususally eager to move them.
    I have heard that in these parts, the list will come out in late winter. Who knows in your area?

Would you be able to get by with a 35 AC or LC if the price was right? Even though the rest of the dealers are farther out, give them a call anyway. Phone calls are cheap compared to what they can produce.
    I drove 135 miles to save $1000 on mine. Maybe there's another configuration that will suit your needs that may be a better deal. Not that yours is bad by the way... :)

A

7. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

When you think about investing in a machine, the cash you pay ain't always the bottom line in final price. Shitty dealer's can negate a good purchase price, Fast.A good dealer who takes of you, can be worth more then what you saved on the final purchase price. Dealer support is an important part of the purchase, that many overlook.

8. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

2006 turf tiger 35 horse $10,600 out the door

9. AlpineNaturescapes

AlpineNaturescapes LawnSite Member

IMO Scags are overpriced.

10. Audrey

Audrey LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa.

6'7" - I agree on the importance of the dealer. I sat down and had a heart to heart with mine and he said he just simply couldn't do it. I told him I didn't mind a few hundred, but $1000 difference? No. The line has to be somewhere, and that's over it. It's the same as raising cutting prices. You hate to, but...

It's a two way street here.

Yes, he would not have made squat on the unit in my particular instance. However, he would have moved another unit, kept me deleriousy happy and coming back for service, and all the extras for the new machine would have come from him as well. (at list price) Even if he would have made $100 total on the unit itself, a little piece of pie, is beter than no pie at all. I understand he's got bills to pay as well as I do, but now, he's got nothing anywhere here. I wasn't asking him to work for free. Heck, I'd have done $500 to keep it with him. When I buy saws or other stuff I don't dicker or question price. I never have. It is what it is and I pay it. Chains, blades, filters, etc..
    That's business I guess...

Turf Doc - That's right in line with a few of my quotes. I received anywhere from 10,400 to 11,000. I did however, happen upon a dealer who needed to move a unit. I paid $9,600 + tax. 2006 35/61. There's one left, a demo.

That's why I suggested to tarp5350 about calling around in an extended area. I took it from his post that he wasn't extremely loyal to either one of the two Scag dealers in his area. He may get lucky and find a deal like I did. Someone out there may be needing to deal in order to move one. It can't hurt to call.

A