Help - selling my business!

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by fastlawn, Oct 7, 2003.

1. fastlawn

fastlawn LawnSite Member
    from MA

Guys, I have been seriously considering selling my business. Full service landscape construction, mainly residential but some commercial. No maintenance at all. Gross $230k net around $75k past two years, and business has no debt. Business is finishing its fifth year and has grown every year. Extensive equipment list value over $100k. If anybody has experience with this, what would you place (ballpark) the value at. Reason for sale: I have other business interests.

2. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

At the level your at under $300K per year. It's worth what the equipment is worth. right now Iron is going for $0.50 on the dollar.

3. Let it Grow

Let it Grow LawnSite Senior Member

Did you start this business and build it up to that in five years?
    That seems pretty good to me...I hope my business does that well!!!

4. Mike Bradbury

Mike Bradbury LawnSite Senior Member

What I've "heard" is one years net, unless you have guarenteed renewable contracts worth more than that. FWIW

5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

6. Floridalandcare

Floridalandcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from Tampa

You might want to contact Bill Phagan at Green Industry Consulting. ( gibiz@greenindconsulting.com ). A few years back he made the connections and found a buyer for my friends company . I don't know if he would be interested though your business might be alittle small for him , But I would drop him a line and see what he thinks . Chris

7. jwholden

jwholden LawnSite Member
    from CT

What kind of a staff do you have to gross 230K?

Just curious :)

8. fastlawn

fastlawn LawnSite Member
    from MA

Staff is two men plus myself, and thanks for the leads Florida and Gopher. Oh yeah, and I work like a maniac in the spring months, so maybe that is more like 4 guys total!