HELP - Should I Buy This Lawn Business For Sale?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by nj78998, Dec 11, 2013.

1. roberthathaway7

roberthathaway7 LawnSite Member

I would want to see a list of the clients with price per service and location, to make sure you aren't paying for anything that's way out of your way for not enough money, and either cut them off the price all together or at least discount them
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. nj78998

nj78998 LawnSite Member

UPDATE on the negotiation:

Sale price of $60K.

20% payment on GROSS sales paid out monthly until $60K paid off.

No dwn payment.

And yes, all clients are already in the city and neighbourhoods I look after. :)

Hmmmm.

3. roberthathaway7

I thought the same. Hopefully this is in a tightly packed suburban area with tiny yards and clients close together?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. roberthathaway7

Posted via Mobi. le Device

I retract :] sounds alright to me conceptually just hope you get the clients your buying on a spit-promise

5. nj78998

nj78998 LawnSite Member

Yup, all his clients are right inside the same neighbourhoods I look after or within 3-12 mins from my clients max.

It seems like a no brainer to look into further I just thought to ask guys and gals in the industry who might see something I don't.

6. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

A. W. Landscapers Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Thought you said the price was $50,000. Why did the price go up $10,000 in less than 3 hours since you started this thread? You're suppose to negotiate a LOWER price.:laugh: Before he wanted $10,000 down and 10% each quarter and now he wants zero down and 20% each month.

Have you checked your numbers? Will you be able to operate with 10% or 20% coming off the top?

7. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

Sounds like a great deal but Does any of his employees come with it. 160 new customers is not going to be easy to take over.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

Short season where he is.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. nj78998

nj78998 LawnSite Member

Hehe AW. :)

Yes, I told him I didn't want to give him $10K now and sit around for 3 months until the season starts again here in the Pacific North West to pay out the remaining $40K via payments. Winter cashflow and security was my reasoning and he understood.

He said that another company offered him $60K, no down payment, and 20% payments from his customers. I know the seller and he is legit so I know that there really is another company in negotiations.

With his pricing I should be able to do it as he charges more for his services than my company does. 20% off the top would put his pricing about even with mine.

He did say that 2 employees were interested in sticking around. I have yet to meet them and in a perfect world that would be perfect. :)

Sounds too good to be true. I must be missing something. ;) And yes, short season compared to you year-rounders. :(

Love the handle too WillRetire@40. Motivating. :)

10. wbw

wbw LawnSite Fanatic

Buy it.
    Posted via Mobile Device