1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Help starting spray application.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by madmax, Feb 9, 2008.

1. madmax

madmax LawnSite Member
    from 65721

I have been in the lawn business for about 6 years now and I have always used granular on the customers that I have. I see chem lawn and guys spraying a lots of yards. I may be mowing in a area and for every one yard I mow there has to be at least 10 that use chem lawn. I have a chem. lic. and have been thinking of getting a skid mount sprayer and starting to get more into that side of the business. Is it a good avenue to make more money and is the profit margin better than granular. Also what are some good ways to get a piece of the pie.
    Thanks for any help.
  2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Granular is less expensive--IMHO--because it is easier and quicker to apply, and lasts longer if you have some slow release in the blend.

However liquid weed control is more effective.

Drop by Lesco/JDL and see if they will talk to you about a sprayer and some Three-way weed control. Gregson-Clark also makes good sprayers--not sure how to get to their website

Is there a link here somewhere, Sean?
  3. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member