Help Tanaka TLE-500 Carb discontinued

Discussion in 'Tanaka' started by 71burnout, Mar 15, 2008.

1. 71burnout

71burnout LawnSite Member

I need help locating a replacement carburetor for a tanaka tle-500 edger,company informed me it has been discontinued,any alternatives?Like a tillotson?

2. Breezmeister

Breezmeister LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from South Jersey

Hi burnout, have you found a replacement carb for your TLE 500 ? I might have one back in the shop and will check Monday. I'll let you know if I have one or a replacement.

ericg likes this.
  3. 71burnout

No I haven't a carb yet breezmister,I would appreciate if you do find one let me know and we can make arrangements for payment & shipping.Thanks again,71burnout

4. Breezmeister

Breezmeister LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from South Jersey

Sorry, didn't fine either carb in my old stock. I downloaded the the parts manual, just to check my numbers, right from Tanaka, link is below. Anyway, there are two carbs listed, If your serial number is before U012441, it's one carb, after it's another. What I would suggest is that you check out the link and find the carb part number that you need and post over in the mechanics forum here. There are alot of mechanics and shop owners over there that might have come across your problem, and have a solution for you or might have the carb you are looking for in their stock. Sorry I can not be of more help.

http://www.tanaka-usa.com/index.php?section=91

Good Luck

ericg likes this.
  5. 71burnout

Appreciate the info.Breezmister!And thanks for looking,71burnout

6. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

It shouldnt matter...the earlier carb part number forwards to the latter one.

Any markings on the old carb telling you who made it and possibly their part/model number of the carb?

7. 71burnout

HEY!! Thanks,but I'm a fellow mechanic and shouldn't have to pay full homeowners price!!!!! $200.00+:hammerhead: