Help to get rid of gunk

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by zima, Feb 28, 2008.

1. zima

zima LawnSite Member

still that 17hp kawi smoking i think it's got gunk in it for been out of use for a year is there something to flush this kind of engine, already run it for 3 gas tanks,3 oil changes including synthetic 10w40 and still smoking just wondering if i can give it a flush,its got really good compression,cranck up in second pull it does not have 200 hrs on it,i got spoil whit the hidro and let this one just setting there.thank you guys for any input i really appreciated.

2. I MOW ALONE

I MOW ALONE LawnSite Bronze Member

i dought you are gonna get away with flushing the engine which i have never heard of on a lawnmower. something else is wrong and you need to get it checked out if you are not capable of doing it.

3. jkason

jkason LawnSite Senior Member

This thing needs a carb kit.
    Only one problem - it's not sold as a kit. It's all individual (little) pieces.

When you add them up, sometimes it's more than a whole new carb, depending on spec.

Keep this thing running, put stabilizer in it when you are done for the season, and if it's going to sit for more than 2 years with stabilizer - put the fuel in your vehicle and burn it up that way.

4. zima

zima LawnSite Member

i think i fix it ,thank you any ways,it anin't smoking any more