Help! Toro Proline Belt or Quick 36 WB???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf-R-Us, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Turf-R-Us

Turf-R-Us LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

I'm still struggling to make a final decision on a new walk behind mower (my first). I can't decide between a Quick 36 Super Duty and a Toro Proline T-Bar fixed-deck (32" or 36"). Can anyone suggest reasons I might want to consider one machine over the other? Thanks.

2. wglawncare

wglawncare LawnSite Member

I own a 36" T- Bar Toro. I am not familiar with the other brand. The toro does an excellent job on striping and over all mowing capabilites. A little hard to get used to with the steering on hills. Take it slow if you do have hills to contend with.

3. lordmaximus240

lordmaximus240 LawnSite Member

belt vs hydro... hydro wins. Do a search on quick 36. I have heard only one thing about their customer service..fantastic. The only drawback is having it fixed if their is a problem. From what I hear though they are very easy to work on. I am adding one to my trailer this fall. I used to have a toro nice mower but dealer support was horrible

4. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

HYDRO,HYDRO,HYDRO! I bet that Quick 36 will cut your time by 30-40% by not having to stop the mower, then shift it into reverse or any other gear. I know I own a Toro Proline 48" belt driven. Its a PITA sometimes to keep shifting in tighter areas. I am going with a pair of Samauri's or a Super Duty's next spring.

5. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Bye-the-way, I would love to put The Samauri or the Super Duty to the test in one of our springs, when the grass is thick and 8-10" tall.

6. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

does anyone have a close up of the better's controls? i'm trying to figure out what everyone is talking about with thumb reverse, and holding on hills. thanks.

7. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll have to try and get a pic for you of my Samurai...It'll take you a good week or so to break in the thumb control...but it really does save you alot of time. Holds on hills perfectly.

8. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

You cannot go wrong with the Quick 36 ..Great machine and the companies customer service before and after the sale is second to none...they bend over backwards to help you with anything....Call Gary and talk to him and you will be convinced

9. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I have to second that!

10. boatdude

boatdude LawnSite Member

I'm not a pro but I think I'll put in my $.02. I have a 36 inch exmark metro that I use on 2 personal lawns. It leaves a nice cut but I've got to tell you the thing is a beast. It is heavy and the reverse assist absolutely stinks. If you have wide open areas then the belt drive should be OK...but if you want maneuverability I would try the quick 36. (I am trying to figure out a way to justify getting one myself!)
    later,
    bd