Help! Tracks in the Lawn!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ABeautifulCutAboveInc., May 1, 2007.

1. ABeautifulCutAboveInc.

ABeautifulCutAboveInc. LawnSite Member

I have a problem. I live in Florida where we mow 12 months out of the year. I change patterns on my lawns every week. East to west one week, north to south ect... The problem is I have a couple lawns that are very small in the front. I can only go around their islands one way. My mower is a 44" Hustler mini Z, it is a fairly heavy mower. What do I do, any professional help or comments would help. Thank you.

2. Frosty03

Frosty03 LawnSite Member

You need a smaller mower.

I see too many LCO's out there with just a Z rider and nothing else. These mowers will rut a yard going the same way every time. For smaller lawns, a 36" wb is a real plus. I also have a 21" trim mower for just in case I need it.

3. SPENCER HUNTER

SPENCER HUNTER LawnSite Member

i use my lawn boy push type along the front of the flower beds and most of my trim work,,, i think it is a 21 or 22inch cut mower,,oldie but, good one i have to mix the oil and gas with this one (antique) mower they don't make like they use too!!!

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We are seeing the effects of our Sentar 36" unit on St Augustine lawns....simply put they are just too heavy and leave tracks. We never had any problem when using our 36" WB units so we watch and use the WB on certain yards. You can aerate the yard spread compost and some fertilize to get the grass going and maybe keep a happy customer.