1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Help! Trailer problem.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wattsup, Mar 8, 2002.

1. wattsup

wattsup LawnSite Member

I am considering buying an enclosed 16X7X7 trailer. I can buy it for $1K. The only problem is, it has barn doors instead of a door that opens to make a ramp. I assume I could swtich doors to get what I want, but I have no idea where to buy this. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I also thought of building a folding ramp inside the barn doors, but I do not know how that would work. The trailer is a 2000 model with new aluminum wheels and new tires. The owner used it to haul a mini cup race car. Also, is this a good deal?
  2. KDJ

KDJ LawnSite Senior Member

16x7x7 2000 model for HOW MUCH!!!
    Buy it then worry about the ramp.
  3. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

Tell ya what... I'll buy the trailer for $1000, put the doors on it and test them out for the next 8 years for you. Then, in 2010, I'll sell you the trailer for $1000 and you can be guarenteed that the doors and ramp will be safe for all of your equipment needs. Remember, I'm going to be risking my equipment and safety for YOU for the next 8 years, free of charge, just so that you can be safe in 2010..

I certainly hope that you won't read this message until Sunday because you're so busy on Saturday putting those doors and ramp on your new trailer.. :) :) :)

Take care,
    Gary :)
  4. mxrdrvr3

mxrdrvr3 LawnSite Member

I would definitly buy it for that price, also consider asking the current owner how he got his car in there and if he used a ramp will it come with the trailer? good luck
  5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Damn, buy it for a grand and worry about the modifcations tommorow...it's a no brainer friend.
  6. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

definitly go for it.
  7. JJOHN22042

JJOHN22042 LawnSite Member
    from MA

Very Good Price!!! Go for it...
  8. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Why not just have a fold down ramp built on the back behind the "BARN DOORS". You could fold down the ramp and then open the "BARN DOORS" to load or unload your equipment. The price seems really low is it wrecked or something????:) ;) :) ED
  9. AGG Lawn Maintenance

AGG Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from Elberon

Whats Uppppppp!!! Let me get this right its a 2000 enclosed 16' trailer??? Look up prices on them!!! You're making money on the deal. You can buy it ,go out to breakfast, lunch,dinner and a movie and still save. I would buy it. If you don't I'll come over from New Jersey and buy it. After you buy it you should play the pick 6 cause it seems like luck is on your side.:D Travis
  10. chariot

chariot LawnSite Senior Member

What if you buy it at this good price, then find another with ramps and trade, or just resale and buy one with ramps. For that price you should be able to buy and sell and then buy another with ramps and still come out ahead.