Lawn Care Forum banner

Help! TURF article input please

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  sawman65 
#1 ·
Hey yall. I am about to write my article on the 27hp liquid cooled 60" Exmark lazer. I would love input from anyone else that has one as well. Looking on input for mulching, bagging, discharging, etc. Also, your opinions on the new control set ups and if the engine is big enough for this mower. Plus anything else you might want to mention.

I may choose from some of your comments to "quote" you for the article. I dont know about yall, but i have always loved seeing my own words in Turf mag. Post here or PM me. Thanks guys!

#2 ·
hello my names john,
i don't own one of these mowers but have sold many. i work @ chuck mason equipment sales in johnson city tn. we have many customers who use this machine some in the 72" deck and some
in the 60"deck. i have not heard of any complaints on lack of power and my 72" guys run the micro mulch kit!!
now i have heard the trivantage deck wiil do a better job discharging the grass when its wet then the ultra cut. and some guys just think the trivantage is a better deck but just like anything you can't please everyone. the ultracut seems to have less trouble like: idlers,spindles,and idler arm bushings going bad. but that could be because they are newer some people are using gator blades with good results the new idlers with the bearings on each end are a big hit they have a grease fitting but are sealed anyway(for the diehards)lol.
the new tanks with the controls in them just go to show you exmark will listen. big tanks,big fill holes all the controls right there
at your fingertips. no more hiting the p.t.o. switch with you legs
or stomping it with you foot when you get on and off. only thing
that could cause a problem is if you are in some bushes or trees
the controls can get moved around a bit and slow you down.
one thing for sure i have not had to do any warranty on any of the engines i sold. one came in for low power but it was just in need of a tune up. the longevity of these engines is unbeliveable
they run cooler run smother than anything kaw. has put out latley
one trend i have noticed they don't sell like they did last year
since kohler came out with the air cooled 27hp. the price of the liquid cooled has made some people go to the air cooled. if exmark could offer some kind of rebate on them to get them moving again that would be good
all in all i have not had any bad news from the field on this mower
i may be a bit slanted on this issue because i sell them. but it is an exmark and nobody does it better.

i see it's raining again(dollar are bills falling from the sky!!).

#3 ·
I would like to hear input from users on whether or not the added initial cost and complexity are worth it in terms of engine longevity.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.