Help W/Bed Bid

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by cwlawley, Apr 10, 2006.

1. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

I have been asked to bid on a bed construction project for a neighborhood association. Basically there are (10) 25' x 4 rectangular rasied beds. Here are the details...

Must be made out of landscape timbers and be at least 16-18" high. We will sod cut the grass away from the bottom and cover with some preen fabric at their request. Finally we will fill the beds about 12" with a dirt/peat mixture.

I have bulit beds like this before and I have the manpower to get it done within about a week, but I am clueless on what the going rate is for these types of bed. My overhead is very minimal since all of my equipment is paid and my area is tight. Any help will be much appreciated.

2. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

4 grand + materials.

3. firelwn

firelwn LawnSite Member

how do you get 4 Grand?

4. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

I'D BID $$3,920 THATS MATERIALS AN ALL IF YA WANNA KNOW HOW I CAME UP WITH THAT FIGURE pM ME AN I WILL TELL YA THANKS GEORGE

5. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

Between wood, nails, dirt, peat, tiller, saw blades, drill bits, rebar, generator usage and trench rental I am at 1,250.00 to start. This is about a3-4 day job with 3 guys working on it.