1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Help w/ Creating Flyers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Barry D, Oct 21, 2002.

1. Barry D

Barry D LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

Can anyone help me with creatring a flyer? I keep reading that you get more response from flyers. I would like to know which flyers works best.

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I am not sure what program you are using, but I recently purchased MS Publisher for $129 (you might be able to get an older version via Ebay) and it creates some good flyers. The book that comes with it does not give much info on how to use the program (like most software programs these days), but the book does explain you to make good flyers (layout, color schemes etc.....). Not sure if this is what you were asking about.

MATT

3. Barry D

Barry D LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

I am trying to create a simple but effective flyer to gain new customers. I am using Microsoft Work & Excel. I am looking for flyers that may have worked great for other companies.

4. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

From what I have read, you get a low response from flyers, about 1 or 2 percent. A search on this site will reveal a bunch of threads on this subject. I can't believe it, I've turned into one of those "do a search" people. To make up for it, I'll do the search for you. Here ya go. Have fun reading all day. 424 results.
    http://www.lawnsite.com/search.php?...d=165461&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

For what it's worth, I plan to try flyers next spring, targeting neighborhoods where I want to work. I think I can do better than the usual 1 or 2 percent, I hope so at least.

Crawdad, fixin to go mow in the rain, it sure beats the dust of last month.... payup

5. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

6. Mow&Snow

Mow&Snow LawnSite Senior Member

See? Chuck does read some threads.....LOL

7. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

If you need help getting the flyer off the ground, send me a note and I can give you a hand.

LGF brought up a great point not too long ago. If you really know how to use Word, it can make some great flyers. It layers very well and page making it is easy if you know the shortcuts. The true lack is in the color availability area for matching logo's etc.

jeff@ascapes.net is the best way to get ahold of me these days.

Jeff