help w/ redmax

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by texpro, Sep 24, 2007.

1. texpro

texpro LawnSite Member

i need a new blower we currently use stilh br 420s but the redmax stats look so much better i live near houston texas and i have seen very few redmax dealers does anyone have any input on lonjevity of the ebz8001rh and is it a quality machine my stilhs have been going strong for 6+ years any input form those w/ experience i would surre appericiate

2. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

i replaced a stolen br420 with a 7001 almost 3 years ago and haven't looked back at stihl. i also replaced my stihl trimmer with a redmax, next is a redmax stick edger.

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

You got one of the best in the business with the BR420, if you need more horses and can carry the weight go with the Echo PB755....this unit has been in the market for awhile and I have yet to see anybody on lawn site with a significant problem. Redmax can't seem to get traction in our area.

4. fergman

fergman LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

i have redmax 8000 and a 80001. they blow better than any of them and are as strong built as any. a br420 is an extremely tough machine and i think the redmax's are just as strong. when you use a redmax itll be heavier but the power is so much greater. If you have a good dealer then get one. without a good dealer in your area you can buy the greatest piece of equipment and its possible it could be your worst purchase. especially if you cant work on it yourself. the redmax has a 2 year warranty. stihl only has one. if stihl is the only other good brand you have to choose from then get the br600.

5. redwingsfan

redwingsfan LawnSite Member

I have a redmax 8000 and it works great. I also have some Stihl equipment and have been disappointed with the units and with Stihl's customer service. I had to replace a carb (made in .... china!) on a Stihl that was only a couple years old.

6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

The 8001 has not been released long enough yet to even near earning the stripes the BR400 has. I got some of the first produced and I've only owned mine a year.

I've had no issues at all other than one faulty fuel line. I guess the rubber compound could not stand up to the crap they put in gas these days. But that is the hose supplier's fault, not RedMax.... and I've had no similar issues out of any of the other units.

When it comes down to it though.... the 8001 is just totally in another deminsion when it comes to POWER. The BR400 is a mear toy in comparison. You'll classify it in with handhelds after running an 8001 this fall.

I love stihl (big fan) and have soooo much respect for the bullet proof BR420.
    But I got work to do, and money to be made.... I've seen the writing on the wall....

7. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

Look at the blowers side by side instead of the stats. When my Redmax junk pukes, Im going to Stihl. I bought a BR 600 and couldnt be happier.

8. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

I would only buy a RedMax 8001 if I valued my time. It blows soooo much better than anything I've used. I had some big Echos, sthils, and RM 7100's. I got rid of everything except the 8001's so my emps don't waste the time I'm paying for.

9. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

I have used Stihl equipment and have not had good service. I have a 2600 handheld blower and a ebz8000 and ebz8001. You have to hand power to the redmax hands down. Will never use stihl again as long as redmax equipment is around.