1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

help wanted ads

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by HBFOXJr, Feb 17, 2003.

1. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

How do you "market" your employment opportunities in print media.

Traditional ads are about experience, hardworking, drivers lic etc. But I know there are better ways to get looked at and "sell your company" to job seekers.

What are some of the better ways to write help wanted ads?
  2. grshppr

grshppr LawnSite Senior Member

Well established landscape maintenance company seeks highly motivated, experience lawn care workers. Pesticide applicators licence and clean driving record required. If you would like to be a part of our team send your resume to box 1234
  3. HBFOXJr

Not to break your heart or anything, but I already work for an established company. It's winter. I'm testing the waters, seeing whats out there beside the same old, same old that I know.

The ad hasn't convinced me that yours is the company to call as opposed to any other old time company. Like, what's in it for me. Why is your opportunity better for me than some young or start up company that has their act together?
  4. Christianstine

Christianstine LawnSite Member

I don't feel like I have to convince anyone to work for me.
    I tell them what my company is willing to offer them.
    If they want a job they need to convince me to hire them.I hold the cards! Brian from Mi.
  5. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

Since very few companies pay time and a half after 8 hours we put it in the ad. We also include starting wages... above average for our area.
    Brian I can understand where your coming from with your comment but in order to sway quality foreman to change companies you have to show them that your a first class organization.
  6. HBFOXJr

Guys, I'm talking a help wanted ad and attracting interest. I'm not talking about what goes on at the interview.

But while I'm at it, with the competition for quality labor you do need to sell your company as well as be sold by the employee prospect.