1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Help Wanted or Barter: Seeking Business Coversation

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by BSDeality, Aug 25, 2006.

1. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

I am interested in peer mentor who is in the same position I am currently. Someone to bounce ideas off of, run through a business plan, etc. In exchange I would be willing to do the same for them if they desire.

Scenario: I have been "in business" for 7 years in the lawncare industry and this is my 3rd season for landscaping work. I am currently begining to put together a business plan for an off-shoot company. It is a service/application business. I am looking for someone who is in a similar position with as much or more experience than I. I consider myself "business smart" and want someone who is of the same nature. I am looking for more conversation than "make sure you have insurance and know your operating expense numbers"

The launch of the company will be in January 2007 with all management and operating systems in place. Business will go "active" the last week of March 2007. The nature of the business will not be discussed in public forums. Due to the nature of the business I ask that you be located out of my region.

Any takers?
  2. davevg

davevg LawnSite Member

3. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

No email addy?
  4. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

Davevg, Have you used SCORE? results?

I will send a PM to anyone interested with my email.

You interested Mac?
  5. Prolawnservice

Prolawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

We were considering opening a plant nursery, still are, and contacted score. Very nice, older guys, not really from our field however you could ask them anything about business or banking and they would know, or know someone that does. Good for review of a business plan, or help putting one together. Basically it's a group of retired guys that want to get out of the house a couple days a week and share some of what they know. Can't beat free knowledgeable help.:cool2: shoot me a Pm If I live close enough, always looking for someone to bounce ideas off.