1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Help Wanted...

Discussion in 'Employment' started by mkwl, Jun 6, 2005.

1. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I am looking for an assistant/partner for my lawn maintenance and landscaping business. I am looking for someone under 16 (I am 14), who has at least some experience running commercial equipment, or has their own. I am in the Allendale, NJ area, which is about 20 minutes from Hillsdale, NJ, and about 5 minutes from Mahwah, NJ. So far I am holding my own, but it would be nice to have someone help me out with my lawns and landscaping. If anyone is interested, put up a post, and I'll contact you.

Thanks, Matt K Work and Landscaping :waving:

2. Bret's Lawn Care

Bret's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

i have an idea you should hire someone who is over 16 with a truck and a liscense so you can take more jobs

3. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: cruel, but true :cool:

4. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

He sure has a list of equipment,he must haul it with the wheel barrows...

5. mkwl

Good point!

6. mkwl

Actually, with my 5x10 trailer.

7. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

And you pull it with what??

8. mkwl

Either my parent's Chevrolet 2500 Suburban, my grandpa's Chevrolet 2500 Silverado, or my parent's Jeep Wrangler. Either my parent's or my grandfather drives me to my jobs.

9. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

they wanna drive me to my jobs too? man gas is expensive!

10. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

mkwl, I admire your industriousness, your drive, and most of all your creativity! Be not swayed; drive on !

You will soon be in a position to hire (or NOT ! ) some of those who give you a hard time today.

Entrepreneurship <i>OWNS</i> !