Help?? Wat is it called

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by rdran5, Sep 12, 2004.

1. Wht is the proper name of the small stand up type bob cat, like the one they rent at Home depot.
    Thanks

2. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

Not sure if your talking about the Toro Dingo it is a stand up with many attachments...

3. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

They go by different names... the Toro Dingo is a model of the Toro family. Bobcat calls them mini track loaders. Compact skid steer is another. Are you looking for names of manufacturers who make them?

4. I only have a 6K gross trailer and am looking for something multi taking but smaller, for small backyard work, when I say small most of my jobs are less than 1/4 acre
    Thanks

5. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

they have a 50 and a 52 is the new model

6. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Mini Skid Steer. The Home Depots around my way rent the Prodigy Powerhouse model (which I think is the same as the Kanga, but with different paint).

7. dbear

dbear LawnSite Senior Member

Other mini skid manufacturers:
    Ramrod
    Kanga
    Finn
    Gravely (may not offer it anymore)

8. xcopterdoc

xcopterdoc LawnSite Senior Member

9. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

Beware of Bobcat... they're having troubles updating their site. A lot on that site is outdated by now... eg T180/T190 literature, 5600 lit, A300 lit, 300 series ex. lit.

10. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

We have rented the Bobcat 50, and had it break down after 2 hours. Prior to using it, it had been in for repair at least 7 times this summer(almost every time we tried to rent it ,,,), and it only has 300 hours on it. The last time it broke, they brought us a newer Ditch Witch SK 500 with 125 hrs on it. I liked the controls a lot better on the DW, and it was less jerky and more responsive. I also liked the single joystick for lift / dump functions, and found the wetlines much easier to hook / unhook than the Bobcat. It had a gasoline engine rather than diesel, being the big difference. We ran the SK for 6 hours straight, and it never faltered, and reached over the sideboards of our dump with room to spare.