HELP! what mower should i buy..?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bryce_sk8_12236, Sep 27, 2006.

1. bryce_sk8_12236

bryce_sk8_12236 LawnSite Member

So, I am 16 years old. I have a lawn buisness running already. My problem is this:
    I dont know what mower to get for doing around 20-40 lawns a week.
    Please help.
    I need a reliable, good quality, fast, dependable, etc. mower.
    Please let me know what good mowers are out there for around 35 lawns a week.
    PRETTY IMPORTANT THO..... I need it 2 be a rider not a walk behind.

THANKS ALOT!
    **i love this sight!

2. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Need info.....are your accounts...gated ?? flat / hilly ?? lots of obstacles ??? Tons of choices but need info to give any sound advice.

3. bryce_sk8_12236

bryce_sk8_12236 LawnSite Member

yah my accounts are hilly, and have obstacles. Some are open though.

4. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

If the hills are substantial, you might be better off with a wb rather than a ztr.

5. Elite Lawn Care

Elite Lawn Care LawnSite Member

you can get a good walkbehind that would meet your current needs for less than half of a good ZTR, you could even find a good used one for far less. I started that way and over time you add new equipment as you grow. growth and success come in time.

6. MattsMowing3535

MattsMowing3535 LawnSite Senior Member

Ya some of those nice walkbehinds out there can go 6-7 mph so you can just get a really nice sulkie and then it works on hills and everything else! You would be better of price wise a good ztr for hills nad obsticles will cost you 8000 dollers average.

7. MarkintheGarden

MarkintheGarden LawnSite Bronze Member

How much you looking to spend?
    What are you using now?

8. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

How big are the yards? And do you have the accounts or is this what you are planning for next year?

9. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you have a Drivers License yet and a pick-up truck,of some sort. not being a wise guy. 40 lawns a week you'll want to run a pretty tight perimeter.what kind of equipment do you have now. I see you want to get a rider,if it's a Z.T.R. a commercial one will cost you. Also do you have INSURANCE on your Company or yourself.