Help ! Which ZTR Mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by luvthegreen, Feb 9, 2004.

1. luvthegreen

luvthegreen LawnSite Member
    from Lebanon

I have two acres and planning on picking up a few yards to go with my small greenhouse business.I have narrowed my search to these three and was hoping for some help here.Here are some quotes.How much do the dealers usually come off the price??

Exmark hp 52" $7380.00
    Hustler mini z 52" $7100.00
    john Deere 54" $7200.00

2. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

Luv....

Do you have a Great Dane dealer in your area? They have an awesome 52" Chariot rider for $6,599 right now including a $500 factory rebate.

Very nice machine!

3. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

I have thoroughly enjoyed my JD 757! That's the route I went, and I'd do it again.

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Exmarks Lazer Hp, Lots of goodys to get for it and a cut second to none.
    John

5. tazz

tazz LawnSite Member
    from georgia

I have two exmark 52hps and love them very dependable great cut and lots of speed. If you want to make money fast its the way to go.

6. luvthegreen

from Lebanon

Is that a reasonable price for exmark ??? and is there usually a percentage that they come off the prce of the mowers ? Sorry for asking so many questions just dont want to walk in the dealer and give what they say !!! Thanks for everyones help !!!!!!

7. kmeforou

kmeforou LawnSite Member

If I am correct, the Hustler mini z does not have a top quality hydro system. The system may be self contained and if you have a problem, after the warranty period, you may have to replace a large part of the hydralic system, which could cost you a lot of money. Someone told me this. Best to ask if this is the case. I have a Hustler SuperZ, but would put my money on the Exmark, even if it cost a little more.

8. luvthegreen

from Lebanon

Thanks for everyones help, I am going back to exmark dealer and going to see if he will come off his 7380 price for the 52" what do you exmark buyers think ?? Hope fully he will when he knows it is cash !!!!

9. PWM

PWM President, Hustler Turf Equipment

kmeforou - The Hustler Mini Z does have separate pumps and wheel motors just like the Hustler Z/Super Z and is a commercial unit. It also comes with the remote air filter as standard equipment. The FasTrak has self contained hydro units.