1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Help with 1st paver quote

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by RKIND13, Aug 27, 2006.

1. RKIND13

RKIND13 LawnSite Member

Hey Guys,
    what I should charge this guy to do brick pavers? He has four pallets of pavers and the slag sand but im not sure what to chage him. i would have to rent everything to do the job though tool wise. Im not sure what the sq ft is yet i still havent bid the job and would like to know what im doing when i do. this is my first paver job. what about a per hour rate? Thank you guys.

2. Kizzelwhix

Kizzelwhix LawnSite Member

You should take some measurements and calculate how long it will take, what you will need before you start thinking about a quote. Will you have to excavate? Will you have laborers?

3. richallseasons

richallseasons LawnSite Senior Member

ok so you dont know how to bid the job and you dont have any tools-do you know how to lay pavers?are you in business or is this just a hobby?;)

4. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

what is it that you do do?

5. RKIND13

RKIND13 LawnSite Member

No i have worked laying pavers for someone else and i have just started my own biz. I never bid the jobs i just did the work. i think i figured it out though thanks.