Help with 36" Stander RH

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Adam3669, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Adam3669

Adam3669 LawnSite Senior Member

I recently ordered another set of Gator blades to put on my Stander RH(2 blades per spindle) and after adding these blades I found that the lower blade was lower than the deck. Is there some sort of washer I can remove to compensate for the exta blades? Or is this setup just not possible on this model?

Thanks,
    Adam

2. Oxmow

Oxmow LawnSite Senior Member

I have a stander 48" and have 5 washers on each spindle bolt between the deck and the blade. I assume you could take one or two of them off to account for the thickness of the extra blade. Don't know if they are standard that way, but i bought it used and it seems to cut right.

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Gosh what is the need for double blades on this unit...and gator blades? With the mulch kit including the cover on the outlet ours does fine with straight blades. These blades sit lower relative to the edge of the deck than any unit I ever had, not sure why?

4. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

I use a mulch kit and get bad blowout on the left side going around pools etc.

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Guess that might be expected with the blade that low...generally all units blow out to the right side even with mulch plate on!

6. Adam3669

Adam3669 LawnSite Senior Member

hmm..design flaw?