Help with a 40acre Bid- Please

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Edwardsville IL.PLS, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Edwardsville IL.PLS

Edwardsville IL.PLS LawnSite Member

A management Co. wants a bid for a 40 acre plot. No buildings, all open area with a couple drainage ditches. Pretty flat except for the ditch areas. Nothing to trim just a bunch of grass to mow. Is this too much for a Ferris is3100z 61" and if not what is a reasonable bid? Would probably take 8-9 hours to do.

2. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

Is this on going or just a 1 time thing?

3. Edwardsville IL.PLS

Every 7-10 days

4. RGM

RGM LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Baltimore Md

do you have to trim

5. Edwardsville IL.PLS

No trim work, just mow.

6. C&K

C&K LawnSite Senior Member
    from East TN

Around here jobs like that go pretty low. I would probably say around 480.00. That would be 60.00 per hour if it took 8 hours or 12.00 per acre. If you mow that 30 times you are looking at 14,400.00 and that would buy you a new mower. That would only put 240 hours on your mower.

Thats based on the info you gave. If several people are bidding, it will probably go lower but I wouldn't go much lower if any.

Good Luck and let us know how it turns out.

7. RGM

Male, from Baltimore Md

That's going to be a hard day for one guy getting there early and leaving late better pack breakfast lunch and dinner. not sure if you can do it in 8 hr
    9 or 10 maybe

8. fool32696

fool32696 LawnSite Senior Member

I'd think the 61 would be on the small side. I wouldn't go down near $12 per acre. Unless you specialize in that kind of work you won't make any money. I'd shoot for $20+ per acre.

9. Edwardsville IL.PLS

I bid it at 16.25/acre,which may be alitte high I think. Not really sure I want to spend a whole day on one location.Just have to see what happens. Thanks!

10. RGM

Male, from Baltimore Md

If I have to be there all 9 hrs I would want at least $600 but I think 700 would be better