help with a bid

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by grassmasterswilson, Jan 12, 2010.

1. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

I'm sure I will not get any actual numbers, but any help would be great. Am I too high or too low?

Bid ask for 2 yearly treatments of fertilizer on 9 acres of bermuda lawns. Most spreading will be on patio homes so the area is a little tight. I will be using my z-spray. I am thinking my first app will be a 25-0-5 slow release app and then the second will be 46-0-0

Normally I charge 218 per acre. I am thinking that that is a little high for the bid because of the bulk. I know that my fertilizer costs will be around 50/ac and 40/ac but am having a hard time nailing down a number for my labor. I am a one man show so I will be doing all the work.

2. Pythium

Pythium LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

How much do you need to make in a day, and how long will this job take? That should tell you if you are off or not.
    I can't speak to how your price is compared to others in your area, seeing I am in a different region. Up here it is between $120 and $160 an acre for similar products.

3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I am assumming no crabgrass or weed control as you have no permit to apply same. So maybe $60 per hour for yourself. Plus 10 per hour for the Z-spray. Under 6 hours hopefully. Plus $50 per acre for product after you average the two products together. A lot depends on how fast you can cover it. And if you expect call backs or complaints--or slow payment. You may need a hand crank spreader for tight areas. Time consuming--it will slow you down.

4. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

thanks riggle we seem to be on the same page. I do have a pesticide liscense. They do want spray apps, but for some reason are only asking for 4 apps of pre. I posted that in the other forum. I am planning on adding a separate bid for things like 3-way, growth regulant on bushes, etc that were not requested.