1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Help with a drainage problem

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Gman2310, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Gman2310

Gman2310 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I have a customer whos backyard is about a foot lower than the neighbors. He has an inground pool and that pool is pretty much level with the back of his house, I dont know how they did this without drainage. Anyway, whenever we get a heavy rain, it floods his pool, with the heavy storms we had this year, it has leaked behind the liner and into his house. I was thinking a stone drain all the way around the pool, 4inch corregated pipe wrapped in stone, approximately one foot deep, by a foot wide, and pipe it out to day light on either side. Or should i do a approximately one foot wall all the way around, to raise the level of the ground with the neighbors and do a drain all the way around? what do you think is the best solution. Once i get out of the yard, the yard drops off!
  2. garciajj612

garciajj612 LawnSite Member

I would create a swell as closest you can to the neighbor so the farthest from the pool as possible. You can make a raised flowerbed or some river birches. Can you post some pictures to get a better idea
  3. Gman2310

Gman2310 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

pics of house

4. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member