1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

help with a name

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Malach636, Jun 14, 2004.

1. Malach636

Malach636 LawnSite Member

Need a good name, can anyone help? Business will involve, lawncare, asphalt sealcoating and striping, custom building and installing fences, snowplowing..etc....I can think of alot of good names for each segment, but i cant find one to fit everything i do. Thanks for the help.
  2. bronyaur

bronyaur LawnSite Member

choose the town, county,or region you work in follower by Maintenance Co......or Inc.------Example-- Union County Maintenance Co. This way your not pinned down as a lawn service and can offer other services.Ed :cool:
  3. Malach636

thanks for the idea
  4. Randy J

Randy J LawnSite Bronze Member

Is Malach your name? If so, how about Malach Services? Or Malach Maintenance Company?
    Good luck.

5. Malach636

Well actually, my Last name is Malachowski...C how long that is, it doesnt exactly have a ring to it..lol...now u can c y I am having such a hard time. Thanks for the idea
  6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Malach636,

Are there any names you like so far that you could share with us so we can get a feel for what you are looking for?
  7. jccordes2

jccordes2 LawnSite Member

I'm in same boat as you, just don't get set on one name unless you check the availability online with the state. contact your secretary of state to find availabilty
  8. Malach636

well i like alot of names..but like I say, the names don't fit well with the other services I offer. I like Black Magic Asphalt Maintenance. I Like Cutting Edge Lawncare Maintenance, or Grassy Business.
  9. jccordes2

jccordes2 LawnSite Member

I would,nt get two big of a name,.......remember, some body has to write a check to that name, A cutting Edge lawncare Maintenance won't fit in the pay to the order of line??
    something you might want to consider?? LIke I am doing, is MetroPro Inc.
    Lawncare & Landscaping

that's the summer name

MetroPro Inc.
    Home Improvement

for the winter

I am filing the MetroPro Inc. with the state and I can change my flyers, advertising to what ever ??

One thing I'm learning in this business, try and keep a professional name incase you want to attract commercial contracts??
  10. Malach636

well thanks for the advice. i know i dont want the name to be too long. I guess it will take some more consideration on my end. I have been using my initials for a few years. I started out with KM Sealcoating, but then I expanded my services, and shortened in to KMS. I have considered just keeping KMS. But I don't know