1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

help with a new mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by blackburn Co., Jun 7, 2007.

1. blackburn Co.

blackburn Co. LawnSite Member

im looking for a new mower i need some thing hydro and i would like some advice on what i should go with it needs to be either 48 or 52 " i have been looking at standers, and the great dane version of the stander, and i was looking at walker sit downs and possibly a ex mark walk behind i need something that will work best on slopes and doing residential and commercial ????? let me kno what you guys think the more the merrier ha

2. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I think it really depends on what your typical property is like. All the mowers you mentioned are good. But, they are all good in different ways.

I mow mostly small residentials (5 to 8K sq ft). I usually have multiples on one street. A JD Quik Trak 48 (just like the Great Dane) works great.

If I was bagging everything, I would definitely go with a Walker. And if I mowed some serious slopes regularly, I would stick to walk behinds of some kind...(lots of LCO's will probably disagree with that.) Or if I mowed big wide open acreages...a mid mount Z with a big deck would be my choice.

3. aubdeer

aubdeer LawnSite Member
    from midwest

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=189269

You may be interested in this.....it is identical to the Great Dane stander (Super Surfer) it is a 52" cut powered by a 23 hp Kawasaki motor. This unit it built for slopes and hills! Take a look and let me know

4. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Thats a nice looking mower aubdeer...just like my Deere Quik Trak. Ive been real happy with mine.