1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Help with a pulley question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bigfish5, Apr 29, 2011.

1. bigfish5

bigfish5 LawnSite Member

I was mowing the neighbors grass this afternoon and I had a pulley go bad. I have an 07 Exmark hp 56 inch triton deck. Are Exmark pulleys exclusive to them? It's 40 miles to the closest Exmark dealer, I have a hustler dealer about 3 miles away. Do you think the hustler dealer may have the same pulley, or do I just need to shutup and drive the 80 miles. It is the small pulley in the center of the picture.
    [​IMG]
    http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b272/bigfish5/71a5fec9.jpg
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I would give the hustler dealer a try. You have nothing to loose. I have done the same thing before. It worked.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. G. Ramey

G. Ramey LawnSite Senior Member

If your talking about the one in the center of the picture, they are the same on lots of mowers. I have replaced a couple of pulleys on my hustler that look just like that one. They cost like $17. Take it off and carry it to the hustler dealer. Maybe they will have one. Good luck.

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Gasoline is way too expensive to waste a trip, so I would call them first.
    After you get the pulley off :p

5. bigfish5

bigfish5 LawnSite Member

Just to report. On the outcome. I jump on my motorbike and cruise up to the hustler dealer about 3 miles away , I show him the pulley and 30 seconds later I am holding a new one. Cost me 21 bucks , Then I order a set of lowlifts to try while I am there. Glad I could get the part so close.
    Posted via Mobile Device