help with a quote

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Equalizer, May 15, 2007.

1. Equalizer

Equalizer LawnSite Member

A quick question for you guys. I am going to bid on a mulching job, I basically already have it because I do most of her other jobs also. It requires spreading about 5 cubic yards of mulch in about 1300 square feet of beds. I figure by my self it should take me a good 6 or 7 hours to spread. My question is what would be a competitive rate to charge her. Should I charge her by the hour or for the whole job?
  2. RossP

RossP LawnSite Member

MULCH (approx) 170.00
    LABOR 315.00
    DISPOSAL 20.00

i dunno thats how i would charge. i figured 7 hours at around $45.00. $34/yd of mulch is just an approx price for the example. and the disposal fee helps me out with gas, any dump fees if they come up, or any misc things that come up. could be way off but just giving you somethin to work off of.
  3. Equalizer

Equalizer LawnSite Member

I priced the mulch to be delivered and it will be about 120 or so, 120 was for 6 cubic yards. She isnt hurting for money, I mean she lives in a very nice brand new retirement community on a very nice golf course, haha.
  4. pressley10r

pressley10r LawnSite Member
    from NC

i usually only have 3-4 hrs tied up in spreading 6 yards/mulch!! (working solo)