1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Help with Aeration Flyer Wording

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by littlenic, Mar 17, 2005.

1. littlenic

littlenic LawnSite Member

I’m trying to get my aeration flyer wording right, I’ve purchased the "Turn Hard Soil into Cold Cash" book and read through it. Now I’m working on the verbiage to have on the front and back of a ½ page flyer. I am using what Robin Pedrotti suggested in the book except I put my flyer horizontally so the picture of the aeration results are larger and easier to read. I also left out the box for a price quote. What I’m after is any examples or suggesting of wording that I might include on the back. Sorry if the post is long, and thank you for your help.

P.S. I copied a lot of my design from Walker-Talker. However the avatar cut a lot of the differences off to cut down on size. Thank you again Walker-Talker :waving:
  2. littlenic

littlenic LawnSite Member

Just a quick update, this is what I have for my first draft and hoping for a little input from a few with prior experience. I realize that I’m saying the same thing more than once, but like I said, it’s my first draft.

Thanks littlenic

How can you tell if your lawn needs aeration?
    The first clue is soil type. With the heavy clay soil found around Tallahassee, lawns will typically benefit by regular aeration.
    Second, if water sits on your lawn for long periods of time, or drains away with little seeping in, your lawn will benefit by aeration.
    Tallahassee’s clay soil has a tendency to become compacted, which prevents water from sinking into the ground. Aeration breaks up the soil and allows water to penetrate. Less compaction means a deeper, healthier root system therefore a stronger plant. Your lawn will become more tolerant to summer heat, drought and traffic as well as more disease resistant.
    When we core aerate, several things happen.
    · We begin by creating thousands of holes in your lawn as the aerator pulls the cores and deposits them backs on top.
    · The holes become a direct route which allows air and water greater access to the root zone, reducing watering requirements while addressing one of our main concerns, “SOIL COMPACTION”, which the clay soil in and around the Tallahassee area is especially susceptible to.
    · The holes act like tiny reservoirs, retaining the moisture and other elements for the plant roots, allowing your lawn to go longer between watering and your fertilizer greater access to the plants roots.

For best results, aerate and immediately follow with your fertilizer.

Additional benefits of aeration:
    Loosens compacted soil
    Breaks-up and/ or removes thatch
    Improves water infiltration
    Improves nutrient infiltration
    Increases oxygen supply to roots
    Encourages new, deeper root growth
  3. ChadA

ChadA LawnSite Senior Member

Seems a little long to me. PM me your e-mail and I will send the letter I use.
  4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

5. theturfsurfer

theturfsurfer LawnSite Member
    from mtka,MN

Just let customers know that next to fertilizer it is the best thing you can do for your lawn.