Help with bid

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by cutaway, Sep 30, 2005.

1. cutaway

cutaway LawnSite Member

I have a good size job to bid on in Michigan. It is a newly construction church that had a landscape company plant 243-5ft. dark green arborvitaes. The problem is he had them delivered in the summer(90's) and set them in the parking lot. They were B&B and left them out for two weeks without watering them before he planted them. You know what happened. He came back and removed some dead ones but he said he wouldn't replaced them for free. He is now out of the picture.
    I have to remove 135-5ft. arborvitaes and plant 243 new ones in a zig-zig pattern. I have to install weed block and 50yds. of mulch. I have to dispose of the old shrubs. I can get the arbors for $25.00 each delivered. Mulch is $21/yd. I'm the only one bidding and the work needs to be done so they can have their final inspection for the building. Any help would be appreciated.
    I'm also going test the soil.

Thanks, Ron

2. cutaway

cutaway LawnSite Member

I'm going to bid $17,000.00. What do you guys think.

3. Coffeecraver

Coffeecraver LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA.

I have 26,875.00

:)

4. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

I got about $28000.00

5. cutaway

cutaway LawnSite Member

Thanks for your input. I summited my bid on monday and should here something by wed. or thurs. I bid 21,500.00. This will be good profit for me. It will take 6-7 days with 1 employee and myself. Also, will be using a powler (similar to a toro dingo)with various attachments. I'm just waiting now to hear from them.

6. Branching Out

Branching Out LawnSite Member

Cutaway

How did you make out on your bid?

Branching Out

7. cutaway

cutaway LawnSite Member

The customer kept on changing things. I revised my bid 3 times. The final bid was to plant 143- 4-5' dark green arborvitaes, intall weed block, 50yds. of cedar mulch, and remove & dispose of 85 trees. I bid 16,500.00. I got beat out by some low-baller for $7,000.00(his bid). I don't know how he can do it this cheap. Thanks everyone for your input.

8. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

He can't do it that cheap.He will eat it big time,just be glad you won't have to learn the lesson he is going to learn on this job.