Help with bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ryno23, Oct 10, 2007.

1. ryno23

ryno23 LawnSite Member

i was asked to bid on a big job yesterday. i have to put in 3 seperate bids. the one i'm having trouble with is cutting some ditches that are about 2500 ft. varying from 3-6 ft wide. 90% of of it is thick brush, i'll probably be using some beaver blades and maybe a chain saw on a few things. after i get it cut they want it sprayed and kept maintained. any info would help, i don't have any pictures, the contract is from march through october.
  2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I could be wrong but I think it is the customer who might be getting 3 separate bids, as in, from 3 separate companies, so all you do is submit your one? That is, unless you're submitting 3 bids to 3 places, one each, and maybe I'm a ways off but it just sounded funny...
  3. ryno23

ryno23 LawnSite Member

its to the same company but they have 3 divisions, 1 bid for each division. i hope that clears that up for you. any suggestions on how to calculate the bid on the ditches.
  4. ryno23

ryno23 LawnSite Member

can anybody help? please?
  5. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

I don't know if they'll allow it, but I'd suggest you give them "labor+materials" for the initial BS and then give them specific #'s for the aftermath maintenance.

If you can't do that, try to guesstimate how many hours it'll take plus disposal costs... Then double it. That kind of crap never seems to go as planned.
  6. ryno23

ryno23 LawnSite Member

thanks for the info. anybody with more info would be appreciated. i'm just cutting it, spraying it and keeping it maintained, i won't have to haul off anything. has anyone done anything like this, i know its hard to say without actually seeing it but any info will help. thanks