Help With Bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KSL, Mar 7, 2008.

1. KSL

KSL LawnSite Member
    from MI

I got a subdivision that im bidding on... 2 commons areas totaling 14acres, 10 culdesacs, and an area between the road and the sub about 55,000 sq ft.
    Any help with what you would bid for this job, and the bid would be for 20 cuts.

thanks guys

2. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

What size mowers will you be using? And how many guys will be on the job?

3. KSL

KSL LawnSite Member
    from MI

1 guy, 66" on everything but the culdesacs, and those i would be using a 36"

4. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like you got about 15 acres that you will be mowing with the 66". That should take you about 4 hrs. You'll then be mowing under an acre probably with the 36" which should take you about 40 minutes. Then you have to factor in trimming time and travel. Without being able to see it I would estimate it to be in the ballpark of $325 and $350 per cut which comes out to be $6500 and $7000 for 20 cuts. Hope this helps.

5. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i figure about 4-5 hundred per cut,easily, you probably have lost of edging and blowing to do so it will take longer than 5 hrs to do total, especially with one guy. it all depends on terrain and lot plans of the homes and all. heck, i get 350 a cut for 3 acres , yet alone 15 or so., the bigger the job, the lower per acre you have to be in order to even thinking of competing and in fairness, since you are there with no travel time.

6. KSL

KSL LawnSite Member
    from MI

yeh there isnt much edging, but for blowing most of it would be for the courts which wouldnt take that long. also its all flat