Help with bid!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Benz2328, May 8, 2008.

1. Benz2328

Benz2328 LawnSite Member

I was refered to a local church... this is one of the biggest properties I have ever had to give a bid on... I need your help to come up with a ballpark figure... I have a Cub Cadet Tank 48 inch... but if i end up getting this property I will end up purchasing a walk behind because there are a lot of hills in the back... http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v...0&scene=6834894&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1 ... Please let me know... oh and those three houses are part of the property http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v...0&scene=6834836&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1

2. meicher806

meicher806 LawnSite Senior Member

give me a call tomorrow and I will discuss it with you I have a few questions after looking at the map.

Matt
    608-669-5340

3. farmboy52787

farmboy52787 LawnSite Member

That seems like a big property, odd though how they set up the parking lot, but if youve been mowing for a season or two just break it up into sections and think on average how much time you could do each section and add them up and multiply by your hourly rate. Dont forget about trimming. Also if you dont absolutely need the business, dont lowball it because you'll regret it for the rest of the year because you'll always be thinking that you could be spending your time someplace else making more money. If you do a good job, they will stick with you. Also it wouldnt hurt to ask what they were paying before.

4. Benz2328

Benz2328 LawnSite Member

I've tried asking what they were paying before but they wouldn't tell me... they said thats not fair.... it would take more than 5 hours to more im guessing cuz of the odd slopes in the back.

5. Benz2328

Benz2328 LawnSite Member

Please Help!

6. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

did you call meicher?

7. siklid1066

siklid1066 LawnSite Member

How long will it take to do this job?What do you charge for smaller jobs?Do the math theres the answer!

8. Benz2328

Benz2328 LawnSite Member

No sorry not yet, I don't wanna bother him.. plus I didn't get a chance to... anyways I just want to know if $300-$350 is considered a average price for that property? Am i high or low?