help with bid?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Robertsonslawnsinc, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Robertsonslawnsinc

Robertsonslawnsinc LawnSite Member

I am looking to bid on a job
    it is about 30 acres going to have 4 guys on it I will be using 2 ztr's 60inchs and one 52 ztr it is mainly mowing. just really long berms.
    but the kicker is it has to be done once a month . there is some trimming around a couple lakes
    we do about 8 acres in 2 hours with 3 weeks worth of growth . mowing with just two 60inches
    any ball park idea for a price?
    I am thinking it will take 10 to 11 hours,
    am I out of my mind ???:hammerhead:

2. heather lawn sp

heather lawn sp LawnSite Senior Member

$30-37 an acre per cut

any more details or spec's ?

2 cutters can do 25 acres a days, cut & trim, on a weekly basis at 5 close sites (5 acres each)

3. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

someone with a WAM will get it for about 15 per acre. i wouldnt waste my time bidding on this one. goodluck though.

4. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale LawnSite Senior Member

A wam could probably do it in a few hours. At 15 an acre, not bad money. I have two wams, and would consider it-but too far. Good luck.

5. Robertsonslawnsinc

37 sounds low? this is florida in a months worth of growth it will be 4 feet ....

thanks for the posts please keep them coming.

6. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale LawnSite Senior Member

I thought it would be the opposite. Anything without irrigation around here goes dormant right about now. And we go through the motions every couple of weeks instead of weekly to justify our contracts.

7. Robertsonslawnsinc

two weeks ago it rained everyday . this week it raind a few times. so were still geting water ... it is real dry feb-april

8. heather lawn sp

heather lawn sp LawnSite Senior Member

If you are straight up about the 4 foot then start thinking sickle bar mower and a tractor, like you're cutting a hay crop. 4 feet is beyond the design capacity of a regular rotary mower/z-turn, you're talking tractor work. What's the daily or weekly growth rate, for real?

9. JNyz

JNyz LawnSite Bronze Member

It would be nice to get 1500.00.

10. mchildress

mchildress LawnSite Member

Like said above you will be talking about 2 to 4 foot of growth on monthly mows around here (Houston area). The majority of mine are monthly mows on vacant acreage in subdivisions 1 ac to 5 ac average and I use tractors and 6 foot shredders. I would talk to them about mowing every two weeks if they want a finish mowers on it. I try to figure $60 an hour per mower.