Help with bid.

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Chris B., Jul 27, 2008.

1. Chris B.

Chris B. LawnSite Senior Member

I got a call today from a guy who owns an apartment complex. I told him I would go out and take a look and get back to him. So, what do you guys think I should charge for this. I do mostly small residential so I thought I would ask for opinions.

How much for mowing and trimming the grass? the front is about 60x11, the side 80x9, the back 60x10.

How much for trimming the shrubs? there are 37 small bushes.

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

This question gets the same answer as every other time it is asked. It is essentially unanswerable.
    How much are you paying on your shop? How much are your property taxes? How much are your power bills? What is your equipment worth? What are your administrative costs? How much of your office is involved with your home (if at all)? How much is your truck payments and expenses? Equipment maintenance? Insurances - both commercial auto and liability? Any payroll? What are your other direct and indirect costs?
    Know these, and you will be able to figure your gross margin that need to make. your gross margin SHOULD be between 40 and 50%. For me, it HAS to be 50%, or I can't make it.
  3. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

What does your business plan mandate?
  4. arikthagr8

arikthagr8 LawnSite Member

i charge $40 a man hour