help with blades?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn277, Jun 8, 2003.

1. Lawn277

Lawn277 LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

I have read some past posts, but havent really found the answer I am looking for.
    What blades make the best stripes?
    I use an Exmark laser z and a Great dane scamper 36".
    If I use doubles, do you need a spacer in between? And what combination works best?

thanks
    Rick

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

No Spacer- Double high Lifts.

3. MOTHERGOOSE

MOTHERGOOSE LawnSite Member
    from Hawaii

If you are putting doubles on the you can put the m in either a x or + it dosen't really matter it's just personal preference. I have NEVER use the bobcat off set blades but, I have seen the results and there very good. :)

4. jg2twisted

jg2twisted LawnSite Member

I run a 36" Great Dane scamper I cut wet grass constantly here in washington and the double high lifts work great for mulching and bagging.

5. PPLMike

PPLMike LawnSite Member

Super highs lay great stripes. Doubles, even better.

6. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

Try the MEG MO blades . They will give strip and will do a lot better in most all other parts of your mowing.

7. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

Stripes dont have as much to do with blades as they do with deck pitch and rollers. That being said you will want sharp blades to make nice stripes.

If you dont have 1/4" lower deck in the front its not going to matter what blades your running. A roller on the back of the deck presses the grass down in the direction of travel, and enhances the stripes.

Jimbo