1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Help with Bobcat s130

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Bobcatdaddy, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Bobcatdaddy

Bobcatdaddy LawnSite Member

Hi everyone im new here and would greatly appreciate any help!! My s130 traction control light acts up sometimes the machine works great sometimes and then the brake will just lock up and wont move i can lift and tilt my bucket but cant move i mess around with it by just going back and forth about a foot u can hear the solenoid click and it will move a bit then lock up again it went forever without doing it and then just started acting up again its driving me nuts and i cant afford to pay bobcat 80 dollars an hour to work on it!! I pulled it into the shop one day it was working fine the and i had bought the brake solenoid and i changed it out then i started the machine and push the press to operate button and all lights but the traction control light lit up so i assume it wasnt the solenoid, i took the new one off took it back got a hydraulic filter and fluid changed it started the machine up it pressed the operate button and my traction control light lit up so i left it alone got on it tonight started it pressed the button and the light would not come on i dont know what to do my glow plugs also work after i start the machine to dont know if the glow plugs are actually working but the timer comes on!! I would really appreciate any suggestions or help thanks guys!!
  2. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

For a quick fix can you run a switched wire to the solenoid and bypass the safety switches? Then you can just flip the switch when it acts up.
  3. Bobcatdaddy

I havent tried that but i will, im stupid i didnt even think of that but i will definetly try that and get back with ya and let ya know what happens and thanks alot for the reply!!
  4. Bobcatdaddy

Alright i bypassed that crap and my solenoid works i tested the connector that goes to the solenoid and there are three wires 1.ground 2.pull 3.hold im getting power to the hold pin on the connector but no power to the pull pin on the connector i tested the wires behind the connector to.. The wire that isnt getting power to the solenoid the pull wire is labeled 4100, does any one have any further advice or know what all the 4100 wire runs thru!! Any more help i would appreciate and im glad i found this site its neat and i will be visiting it more often even after i get my machine fixed thanks guys!!