Help with box truck layout

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by exmarkking, Aug 8, 2013.

1. exmarkking

exmarkking LawnSite Bronze Member

So we have always had open isuzu npr trucks but we switched to a box and need opinions on how to set it up, and lay it out. We will be carrying a 48" laser z, 42" navigator, 21" push mower, 2 back pack blowers, about 5-6 trimmers/edgers/extended pruners, backpack sprayers, 2 gas cans, miscellaneous tools rakes, shovels, tarps, ect. Does anyone have pictures? I want to know the best way to hang stuff up with racks, hooks ect. Thanks in advance.

2. wstrick1

wstrick1 LawnSite Member

Hope this helps

setup.jpg

setup1.jpg

3. exmarkking

This is what I'm dealing with
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I have to fix a couple of floor boards. I just don't know how to go about setting it up and what hooks to use for things

4. wstrick1

wstrick1 LawnSite Member

When you can get some tool boxes under the box like on my truck to put gas cans, tools, etc. I would move the self up so you can back your navigator back to the wall then have your push beside it. Then back your lazer on to the truck behind the navigator. I usually have all debris in the front of the truck on a tarp. I will try to take a better picture for you tomorrow. Hang your hand helds vertical you will thank me later.

isuzu_gas.jpg

5. exmarkking

Sounds good on the shelf and tool boxes. What racks do you use to hang the trimmers vertical?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  6. JDGlandscape

JDGlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

I love the idea of these trucks but where do you guys put debris and grass clippings? Leaves and sticks after wind storms and such?

7. JDGlandscape

JDGlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

That is an honest question by the way. Even though this year I have switched over to side discharging every lawn but one, it still seems like I come home with a truck full of random stuff everyday

8. exmarkking

I always find a place to dump. Either in the woods, or worse case dump on a tarp and get rid of it later. I've had open npr's for a couple of years now, but this is the first box truck. I love them. Seems like most people use them in the south and up north it's more trucks and trailers.

9. windflower

windflower LawnSite Bronze Member

If I know I'm going to be hauling debris I'll hook up a trailer otherwise I'll bag it and stuff it up front.

104_0039.jpg

104_0040.jpg

10. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

My box is a real mess, I tend to throw stuff in and go to the next job.