Help with building a tea brewer

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by humble1, Feb 9, 2008.

1. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

I have a 750 gallon tank w/ gas pump. I wanted to use this to brew, i am trying to determine the best way to do this.
    Are there any books, or articles where i might get some help?
    How do i determine the size of aerator I need.

Can you let it brew longer say a week do you get ultra high levels of good bacteria?

2. tadhussey

tadhussey LawnSite Senior Member

If you already have a tank and want some help building a brewer, I would contact Tim Wilson. He's got good experience in this area and may be able to assist you in the process. He'd be well worth any consulting cost on something like this.

~Tad

3. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

great thread i am also going to build a brewer.
    lets do it together:)

4. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

I appreciate the enthusiasm of diving in and getting your hands dirty and also wanting to save a little money.

BUT..........

Having a tiny little bit of experience with this, with 400 trips to the plumbing store and 700 fittings still laying around, take some advise (or don't) and buy a tried and true brewer with a little history and a lot of testing behind it. It sounds simple but there are about 2 quintillion ways to do it wrong

Call Tad and write him a check, he and his family have jumped through every hoop imaginable and have a very solid product that is well respected in the industry. They also provide a quality product to brew with

5. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

Is your goal to have an end product that has succesully improved soil biology in order to provide your clients with a healthier landscape this season?

Or is it to tinker around for countless hour with an unknown budget until you finally come up with something that may or may not provide the results you want?

Your honest answer will tell you which way to go.

6. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson LawnSite Senior Member

If you mean a gas operated water pump, the only feasible brewer to build is a venturi charged system. Or are you going to additionally use an air pump?. This is similar to the system used by Earth Tea brewers and is very very easy to build. I will give you instructions to build this for free. Drop me an email if you like.

Tim

7. humble1

from MA

Well i thought that i would be able to offload the finished product into my 200 gallon spray tank. I do applications by trade so, yes i want a good product. But i also have alot of the stuff needed to build a unit, so i am trying to cut my costs

8. tadhussey

tadhussey LawnSite Senior Member

If you're going to build your own....definitely talk with Tim. Feel free to give me a call, but I don't have a lot of experience with fabricating using existing parts. Tim's better at that than us. Let me know if I can help though!

~Tad

9. humble1

from MA

My thought was that having owned an irrigation company, i have every fitting and pipe adapter and boster pumps and pressure tanks kicking around, i would bet dollars to donuts i probable have almost everything, thats why i thought i could do it. Plus i have a good knowledge of pumps, psi regulators, etc.

10. humble1

from MA

Check your PM